025 Potential magazine article, memo from William D. Chambers to John F. Dorenbusch (annotated)
The organization making this Item available believes that the Item is in copyright. The organization either is the rights-holder, has obtained permission from the rights-holder(s) to make their Work(s) available, or makes the Item available under an exception or limitation to copyright (including Fair Use) that entitles it to make the Item available.
Is Part Of
Text Item Type Metadata
Carbon copy on onionskin of a typewritten document with annotations.
Date: February 27, 1974
To: J.F. Dorenbusch
From: W. D. Chambers
Subject: Letter from A. H. Girard
1. The attached letter from AHG raises the question of photographing the interior of 301 for possible publication.
2. I see some pluses and some minuses of such a publication.
-On the plus side
- it gives AHG an opportunity for professional recognition.
- it offers to share the AHG/301 design innovations with others.
- it might possibly encourage someone else to save and renovate other worthwhile buildings.
- On the minus side
- 301 is a private office and the preparation and publication of an article involves some invasion of our clients’ privacy.
- We spent a lot of dollars on the 301 renovation, publication of an article might bring exposure to criticism for "over doing it".
3. I don't know how JIM/XSM [J. Irwin Miller / Xenia S. Miller] felt about the 1959 article on 2760 Highland Way. An article on the 301 building would not be as personal as the 1959 article but it still infringes upon their privacy and only they can consent to that.
4. I would like to get your reaction before proceeding with communication to clients and AHG.
WDC/mlw W . D . Chambers